Slewing bearing, also known as Slewing Ring Bearing, is also called Slewing Ring by some people. It is a large bearing that can bear comprehensive loads, and can bear large axial, radial loads and overturning moments at the same time. If there is a problem in the use of the slewing bearing, it will affect the normal use of the machine and equipment, which requires us to solve it. So, what are the faults and solutions of the slewing bearing?
a. Common faults of slewing bearings
1. Shaking occurs
Shaking will also affect normal use, so you should also pay attention to shaking. Generally, shaking is caused by loose mounting bolts, insufficient rigidity of the steel structure supporting the slewing bearing, or overloaded operation.
2. Broken teeth
If there is a broken tooth, it is more serious. It may be due to quality reasons, or it may be caused by improper installation. In addition, the backlash of the large and small gears is improperly adjusted during installation, failing to meet the requirements, the axes of the large and small gears are not parallel, etc. cause broken teeth.
3. Inflexible rotation
When the bearing is in use, there may be a phenomenon of inflexible rotation. This phenomenon is caused by many reasons, generally because the grease in the raceway of the bearing is viscous, or the host mounting surface and the slewing bearing are installed during installation. Poor surface fit, lack of grease, damage to the sealing strip, etc. will cause the bearing to rotate inflexibly.
4. Abnormal noise
It is normal if the slewing bearing that has just left the factory makes a uniform sound of steel ball rolling when it is idling. However, if the slewing bearing is accompanied by another abnormal and loud noise during operation after installation, pay attention! Generally, the abnormal noise may be caused by the slight deformation of the slewing bearing, or the installation surface does not meet the installation requirements, etc.
b. The solution to the failure of the slewing bearing
1. When there is shaking, check all the inner and outer ring mounting bolts in time and tighten them as required. Or increase the strength of the steel structure supporting the slewing bearing, check whether it is overloaded, and operate in strict accordance with the regulations;
2. The broken teeth must first meet the installation requirements, then adjust the backlash, adjust the meshing clearance, and conduct a trial run after the adjustment. Also, make sure that the axes of the two gears are parallel. and tighten the bolts. When operating, be careful not to operate illegally, ensure that the large and small gears are clean, and check frequently;
3. If the rotation is inflexible, the production date of the slewing bearing can be checked. If the time is long (such as more than half a year) and the climate is cold, the grease in the raceway may be viscous for a long time, resulting in poor operation. Next, we will try to run it after afterburning. If it can run normally, it can be used normally. If it is accompanied by abnormal noise, it is necessary to check whether there is any serious injury during transportation and consult with the after-sales service.
4. If the operation is not flexible during use, it is necessary to add grease appropriately, fill it up as required, and check whether there is foreign matter entering the raceway. In addition, check the meshing condition of the large and small gears, whether there is foreign matter or broken teeth.
5. If the operation is not flexible after installation, it may be because the installation surface of the main engine and the installation surface of the slewing bearing do not cooperate well. At this time, the installation plane of the main engine should be re-processed to make the installation plane meet the requirements, or the gasket filling method should be used to deal with it. In addition, you can re-adjust the meshing backlash of the large and small gears as required, especially pay attention to the position of the gear jumping, and check to ensure that there is no foreign matter at the meshing position of the large and small gears.
6. In the case of abnormal noise, check whether the installation surface is flat and meet the requirements. In addition, when there is abnormal noise, you can stop the rotation of the slewing bearing to determine whether there is a lack of grease in the raceway, or check whether the noise is caused by the collision between the rolling element and the spacer. This kind of sound can be eliminated after filling in oil in time. In addition, attention should also be paid to whether the sealing strip is damaged, the mounting bolts are loose, resulting in elastic deformation of the slewing bearing, and negative clearance at the deformed position.
The above is to introduce to you "the failure of the slewing bearing and the solutions". If the above failure occurs during the use of the slewing bearing, we must solve it in time, so as to ensure the normal operation of the Slewing bearing. Yantai Zhiyuan Machinery Co., Ltd. is a manufacturer specializing in the production of External Gear slewing bearing Series HJ. The products are of good quality and high safety performance. They are exported to many countries and regions. Welcome to discuss cooperation, thank you.